Sunday, August 7, 2011

NYX Orange Concealer

So, I recently discovered this great little concealer... only thing is, it's ORANGE! That's right, orange. Well more like a true salmon color. I had seen a video on Youtube made by a darker skinned than I girl about this concealer and I decided to give it a try. I bought it on Ebay from Pork Daisy for about $7 including shipping.


As you can see in the next picture I have REALLY dark undereye circles. It might be hereditary too, my oldest daughter has them also. We do sleep but those circles never seem to really go away. :( BUT I found that this orange colored concealer really does help conceal undereye circles better than a yellow or foundation matching concealer does. I only use my concealer for the under eye area, I don't really get pimples. (Thank goodness!) I do, however, have broken capillaries all over the top of my cheek bones but my foundation and powder usually cover that up pretty well. I also found that this concealer did not crease or fade after a long, hot day. 


To apply the concealer I used a small concealer brush to apply. I found the NYX concealer to be really smooth and creamy - just how I like et! Of course before foundation it does not look blended into my skin at all, as you can see in the next picture.


Next, I use my liquid foundation all over my face blending with a sponge. I used the Maybelline Fit Me Foundation in shade 130. To set the foundation and to blend the under eye are even more I used MAC's Mineralize Skin Finish in Medium Plus with a flat foundation brush.



The finished result is this one:


Ta-da! No more dark circles!





No comments:

Post a Comment