Saturday, June 11, 2011

June Birchbox



My June Birchbox came today and I was pleasantly surprised with all of the goodies they sent me! Last month was not as great in my opinion, but they redeemed themselves this time. J I am going to show everything in order of what was liked the most, ending with what I would not ever think of buying.




This is the list of everything which was included in my travel-themed June Birchbox as well as the prices for regular sizes of the product.






They sent me a standard sized, Laura Geller Baked Blush N’ Brighten powder in the color Honey Dipped. I have seen some other people’s Birchbox Youtube Videos, and have usually seen a pink blush so I am happy I got this one instead. I am really into bronzey, highlighting type powders right now so this is right up my alley. This product is valued at $29.50 normally, so this was a great deal for this month. I love the texture of this product it is so soft and creamy I kept dipping my finger into it, lol. The color is really warm and goes well with my NW25 skintone right now, I am excited to use it in a FOTD and show you guys. I think you could use this as a blush, bronzer or highlighter depending on what you prefer. I would highly recommend this product to anyone, even if this color is not for you there are others to choose from … the texture is beautiful and the pigmentation is the bee’s knees! J



Secondly and another rave is the Pangea Organics toner, on the description card it is said to be for normal/oily skin but on the bottle and facial cream it says for normal/combination skin.. hmm. I have never used this line before, but this spray reminded me a little of the Juice Beauty refreshing spray. I don’t know if they really are that similar, but the name kept popping in my mind when looking at and trying out this spray. They also included a spray nozzle to attach to it after opening the sealed bottle, and a sample of the Pangea Organics Facial Cream to put on after using the toner. I am definitely going to purchase the full size of the toner, it is $26 and it comes in a 4 fl. Oz. bottle. The smell of this is AMAZING, and it may be a little overwhelming for those with sensitive noses but I really liked it. It is “laced with mandarin and lime,” and it is supposed to be for refreshing your face and giving you a boost of energy.  After using it, it gave my skin a slightly matte feeling but it did not dry it out by any means.  This item may seem a bit pricey, but I am a big fan of refreshing products and sprays such as MAC Fix +. I am glad I got to try this product and I believe it does what it says, it refreshes! The scent also is a great, natural pick me-up which is much needed in my life! I won’t review the sample face cream right now, but I will update this post once I do use the combination of both of these products.





This entry I will leave as a neutral, because I haven’t been able to test it out yet. Once I do I will update this section for the Oscar Blandi Olio Di Jasmine Hair Serum. It is a serum which is supposed to “banish frizz and flyaways,” and lord knows I suffer from that! They sell a 50 ml size on the Birchbox web site for $35 or a 15 ML bottle for $16. More later….




Herban Essentials Orange Towlettes are basically really strongly scented wipes. For $15 you can get 20 of these babies. It sounds a little pricey to me for something you are going to use up pretty fast and throw away quickly. Don’t get me wrong they smell good… sort of like peeling open an orange, but then besides the smell what is this product? It is a hand wipe. Good for cleaning… and wiping right? It’s not like they’re marketing this as a makeup remover, it is named a towlette. Like what they give you on an airplane of when you get a bucket of fried chicken, so in my opinion the price tag is a bit ridiculous. On the description card it says it is “germ-killing and mood-perking,” but so are my Lysol orange-scented countertop cleaners… or baby wipes. Definite fail for me, this is an obvious no buy.




Last on my list and in my goodie box is a fragrance sample; Twirl by Kate Spade. YUCK. Sorry, this is also a no brainer for me, would never ever purchase or wear this fragrance. BUT don’t take my word for it, I think fragrance preferences are very personal and subjective. To each his own, but in my humble opinion this scent is way too overbearing for any young woman. My grandma, may she rest in peace smelled a bit like this and I love being reminded of her but this scent is not subtle at all. I put a small drop on my wrist and my senses were instantly bombarded with a sickening, sweet floral smell. It is just way to much to be workable I think, and it needs to be toned down a whole lot. If you want everyone in the room to turn and stare at you when you walk into the room get this! This formula is described as a “flirty scent (which) feels carefree and joyful” but in my opinion it comes off as careless and way too damn heavy. I don’t see myself flirting with anyone wearing this, sorry but ZERO STARS for Twirl. The 1.7 oz size of this product retails for $65 and the 3.4 fl. Oz is $80.




That’s all, hope everyone enjoyed! If you are interested in signing up for Birchbox’s monthly sample service there website is: http://www.Birchbox.com. They also have interesting how to videos, articles and links to these products and more. The more you buy, the more points you collect! 

2 comments:

  1. Great box!! I got everything but the orange towelettes and the serum. I wish I had gotten that serum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You didn't miss out on the towelettes LOL :) The serum was nice though!

    ReplyDelete