Thursday, June 2, 2011

Graduating


I (finally) achieved something I can be proud of, it took me a while to do but I am so glad I did it. My grad. ceremony was last week on Friday May 27th at 6:00 pm at Chabot. I received my Associate in Arts degree in Behavioral Science. Ugh, I was one of the last people to walk it felt like it took forever. I was so anxious the entire time and just wanted to get the walking part over with. I think I had a nightmare the night before where I had fallen on stage in front of everyone, ugh :/ But it went well and afterwards the family and I went to  a late dinner at BJ's Brewery, yummm :)



Me and Evita after the ceremony, she was so proud of me:) I'm happy I could show her that I was able to do this and that I want a better future for her. I have plans to get my B.A. in Sociology at CSU Chico, where I was accepted for Fall 2011, but I am thinking of taking a semester off and postponing until Spring. I am excited about getting this done, and since it is an online program I can most likely take more classes than I usually would. After getting my B.A., I definitely want to pursue my Masters in Public Administration which is my main goal. I would love a career in administration within a non-profit or a college. But we will see :)


In the meantime, I have been searching for a full-time job where I can finally get benefits and start making my own money again! I missed being "financially independent." My husband is me and my family's best provider but at the same time I love working and being able to splurge every now and then. Also, my youngest is almost 4, and I as a mother know she is not intellectually stimulated here at home with me! She needs to socialize and go back to school full-time. She had been going part-time while I was in college, but I don't think that is good enough for her. I really love her school and teachers as well, and I know she misses seeing her friends.


I am really pleased with how things have turned out, and optimistic about the future and things to come! I am also planning on fulfilling my blogging goals and posting here more often:)

No comments:

Post a Comment